However, they are not natively supported by Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas or other popular media players. To display MP4 video you need to convert that MP4 file into more reliable format, such as AVI or MPG, using free MP4 to AVI Converter.
MP4 and M4V are video formats that are always used on Mac. MP4 files are commonly used in mobile players and other devices: iPad, iPod, iPhone, PSP, Apple iMovie, FCE, FCP, Quicktime etc.
Free MP4 to AVI Converter is the freeware application which converts MP4 and M4V files to AVI. The program has a number of predefined settings (profiles) specially designed for both novice users and advanced users.
- The application interface is a very simple and user-friendly.
- Supports Converting from MP4 and M4V to AVI or MPG.
- Supported video encoders: XviD, H.264, WMV, Motion JPEG (MJPEG), MPEG-1, MPEG-2.
- Supported audio encoders: Lame (MP3), MP2, AC3, AAC, WMA, PCM-16 bit.
- Support for multithreaded encoding using the H.264 (x264) encoder.
- The ability to deinterlace video.
- Possibility of 2-pass encoding, which will increase the image quality and reduces the volume of output file.
- Supports customizing video and audio encoding parameters used by encoder: audio and video codec, audio and video bitrate, fps, sampling frequency, resolution, volume and other.
- 100% freeware – for private and commercial use. there is no built-in limitations and spyware applications.