The Panasonic HDC-HS9 is a hard disk drive and flash card-based, home-movie camcorder.Compared to other home-movie camcorders on the market.
It’s a sleek, compact design that feels good in the hand, but the size reduction brings some handling troubles. Performance is generally improved over previous Panasonic AVCHD models.
When compared against the competition, however, the HDC-HS9 does not fare well. The Canon HF10, in particular, offers far superior image quality and a more powerful set of features for the same price. In the cutthroat world of consumer HD camcorders, the HDC-HS9 has a hard time making a case for itself.
- Capture high-definition video to flash memory; 1920 x 1080 progressive recording
- 10x optical zoom; Advanced Mega Optical Image Stabilizer
- Face detection technology; Intelligent Shooting Guide
- 5.1-channel surround sound; Zoom mic feature
- Compatible with SD/SDHC memory cards
Pros: This camcorder has three CCD sensors, each dedicated to filtering red, green or blue light frequencies.This results in richer, more accurate colors than camcorders with only a single CCD.Offers manual focus adjustment, whereas many camcorders have only auto-focus.In addition, frequent travelers will appreciate how relatively little it weighs, only 13.8 ounces.
Cons: None noted, given available product data.